Head Office: Touch Type Titans, 4 The Drive, Amersham, HP7 9AD
Titans is committed to ensuring that any personal data we hold about you and your child is protected in accordance with data protection laws and is used in line with your expectations.
What personal data does Titans collect?
We collect personal data about you and your child to provide care and learning that is tailored to meet your child’s individual needs and to keep you informed.
The personal details we collect are: your full name, email address and phone numbers; your child’s name, age, school, school year and any special educational needs.
This information is collected from you by phone, email or via the Booking Form on the Titans website.
We also collect information with regards to your child’s attainment levels following Titans tutoring.
Why do we collect this information and what is the legal basis for handling your data?
Titans uses your and your child’s personal data in order to provide individualised tuition to your child, to keep you informed and to improve our service. This includes using your data to:
- contact you in case of an emergency
- support your child with any learning difficulties
- to maintain contact with you about your child’s progress and respond to any questions you have.
- to keep you up-dated with information about our service
- to analyse results and adjust our tutoring service in response
With your consent, we may use photographs of your child in the tutoring setting or feedback you have given in order to illustrate the Titans learning environment and ethos to prospective parents. Anonymity will be respected at all times: photographs will never identify children by their full name; quotes will only ever include a first name and/or age. You will have the opportunity to withdraw your consent in writing at any time, for images or quotes used.
With whom do we share your data?
In order for us to deliver our tutoring service, we may also share your data with the following categories:
- A school where that school requests and/or hosts a Titans course
- Occasionally, with the software provider where you request technical help
- With your consent, with other parents with children in the same tutoring group as your child
We will also share your data if:
- We are legally required to do so, for example by law or by a court order.
- To protect your child and other children; for example by sharing information with social care or the police
- It is necessary to protect our rights, property or safety
- We transfer management/ownership of the learning centre/organisation; in which case, we may disclose your personal data to the new manager/owner so they may continue the service in the same way.
We will never share your data with any other organisation to use for their own purposes.
How do we protect your data?
We protect unauthorised access to your personal data and prevent it from being lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed by:
Keeping files and backups on the secure cloud storage platform ‘One Drive’. These files are accessed via password protected account.
How long do we retain your data?
We retain your and your child’s personal data until you request that it is removed from the database. There will be at least 2 times a year when you are asked if you wish to continue to hear from us. We will cease contacting you if you request that we do so but will retain your data for business analysis purposes until you request that we remove your details.
Your rights with respect to your data
You have the right to:
- Request access, amend or correct your or your child’s personal details
- Request that we delete or stop processing your or your child’s personal data
- Request that we transfer your or your child’s personal data to another person
Changes to this notice
We keep this notice under regular review. You will be notified of any changes where appropriate.